Florida Consumer Law and Bankruptcy Attorney Helping Clients Stabilize Their Lives
Dedicated attorney assisting consumers with their legal and financial problems
The Law Office of Michael P. Roland, P.A. in Bradenton, Florida is dedicated to representing consumers in Bradenton and throughout Manatee County and nearby counties in Florida in matters of consumer bankruptcy, credit card defense, and identity theft, and other consumer issues.
Our office continues to concentrate on helping consumers fight identity theft, credit card fraud, unfair credit reporting, and unfair debt collection – a growing area of frustration for consumers, especially with the prevalence of online shopping and other consumer transactions over the internet combined with the many times consumers hand their credit to a stranger during a purchase transaction.
For those who have lost control of the debt-to-income balance through a tragedy in their lives, whether through a medical emergency, a job loss, or other unfortunate event, this office is dedicated to providing Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies to give consumers a chance to start over. Large corporations and even government entities take full advantage of the bankruptcy laws. Consumers are entitled to a fresh start as well.
For those who wish to make sure their affairs are in order to protect their loved ones, our office provides wills, trusts, durable power of attorney, and other tools to make sure that you determine where your estate property goes, and not the government.
Helpful practice guiding consumers through difficult situations
The Law Office of Michael P. Roland, P.A. has experienced the satisfaction of working with consumers who:
- Had inaccurate information on their credit reports and could not get it corrected;
- Had unknowingly purchased a car from a dealer who neglected to note that it had been wrecked or flooded and was rebuilt;
- Were being sued or harassed by debt collectors for debts they did not owe, in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (a federal law that protects consumers from abusive collection tactics);
- Were misled into financing a purchase or refinancing their home on terms that they never agreed to (many of whom are now being sued in foreclosure proceedings) based on the fraudulent acts of mortgage brokers and banks
- Had items on their credit reports that were inaccurate or were fraudulent because of identity theft;
Helping consumers get a clean start through Bankruptcy
The Law Office of Michael P. Roland, P.A. has been able to help consumers use the protections of bankruptcy to stop legal actions against them, to stop harassing phone calls from debt collectors, and to get a clean start with their lives. Michael Roland is licensed to practice in Florida state courts and in the Middle District of Florida Federal Court and Middle District of Florida Bankruptcy Court. Michael Roland has law degree from Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida; an MBA from San Jose State University, San Jose, California; and a Bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Available evenings and weekends
Knowing how difficult it can be to make time to discuss your legal issue, Michael Roland is available for clients in evenings and on weekends when many law practices are closed. Please call to schedule an appointment.
Personalized attention in various areas of consumer law
The Law Office of Michael P. Roland, P.A. deals directly with clients and helps them in the following areas of consumer law and other consumer issues:
- Consumer bankruptcy — In our consumer bankruptcy practice, I help consumers decide whether filing for bankruptcy is the most effective way to take control of debt, and I guide you through the process of filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Credit card defense / identity theft — In my credit card defense / identity theft practice, I defend consumers who have been victimized by fraudulent charges, creditor abuse, stolen identity or violations of personal privacy rights, and I help to clear your good name with creditors and credit reporting agencies and handle issues of liability.