Florida Consumer Law Attorney
Helping Clients Stabilize Their Lives
Dedicated attorney assisting consumers with their legal and financial problems
The Law Office of Michael P. Roland in Bradenton, Florida is dedicated to representing consumers in Bradenton and throughout Manatee County and nearby counties in Florida in matters of consumer bankruptcy, credit card defense and identity theft, mortgage foreclosure defense, and other consumer issues. I became an attorney after working for several years in management in the distribution industry. I felt I had more to give back to my country, and so I attended law school. While at Florida Coastal School of Law, I developed a keen interest in consumer law because I saw it as an arena where I could help people, serving the consumers who are too often subject to unfair treatment on a playing field controlled by businesses. Fighting for those who have been victimized in mortgage loan transactions or car purchases or other consumer transactions seemed like a good fulfillment of the ambitions I had in going to law school.
Helpful practice guiding consumers through difficult situations
After law school, I went to work just north of Jacksonville, and then in Bradenton, Florida. I have experienced the satisfaction of working with consumers who:
- Had inaccurate information on their credit reports and could not get it corrected
- Had purchased a car that had been wrecked and rebuilt
- Were being sued or harassed by debt collectors for debts they did not owe, in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (a federal law that protects consumers from abusive collection tactics)
- Were misled into financing a purchase or refinancing their home on terms that they never agreed to (many of whom are now being sued in foreclosure proceedings) based on the fraudulent acts of mortgage brokers and banks
I have more recently been able to help consumers by providing the opportunity to file bankruptcy to stop legal actions against them, to stop harassing phone calls from debt collectors and to get them a clean start with their lives. Now that I have opened my own practice in Bradenton, Florida, I will continue helping consumers in these areas and other areas of consumer law. I am a member of the Florida Bar and the Manatee County Bar Association. I am licensed to practice in Florida state courts and in the Middle District of Florida Federal Court and Middle District of Florida Bankruptcy Court. I am also a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, a legal association dedicated to helping consumers. I have my law degree from Florida Coastal School of Law, my MBA from San Jose State University and my Bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara. I love Florida and intend to have a long career here helping consumers with their legal issues.
Personalized attention in various areas of consumer law
The Law Office of Michael P. Roland deals directly with clients and helps them in the following areas of consumer law and other consumer issues:
- Consumer bankruptcy — In my consumer bankruptcy practice, I help consumers decide whether filing for bankruptcy is the most effective way to take control of debt, and I guide you through the process of filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Credit card defense / identity theft — In my credit card defense / identity theft practice, I defend consumers who have been victimized by fraudulent charges, creditor abuse, stolen identity or violations of personal privacy rights, and I help to clear your good name with creditors and credit reporting agencies and handle issues of liability.
- Mortgage foreclosure defense — In my mortgage foreclosure defense practice, I help clients in matters involving foreclosure defense, bankruptcy proceedings, mortgage modification, loan forbearance, short sale guidance and preparation, and deeds in lieu of foreclosure.
Contact a skilled Bradenton, Florida attorney focused on helping consumers.
Call the Law Office of Michael P. Roland at 941-932-8099 today to schedule a consultation, or contact me online.